Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring in {Half} the Living Room

Today I'm going to show you a little of the Spring updates in the living room. You only get to see half the room, really, because the other half is...well...just too messy today. 


 A couple of weeks ago I shared with you about the rustic wood planter box that I took apart, hoping to re-purpose the pieces.  


 

I was hoping to use this piece to replace the white mantel shelf, but I really wanted to find something cool looking to make brackets out of. 
 

Nothing I came up with was working, so I decided I could live with leaving the white brackets. When I called this board "rustic" that may have been an understatement! It's totally wrecked, but I like it. Besides, just laying it across the brackets makes for a look that I can easily change when I'm ready for something different. I'm in love with the chippy blue paint!


Warning: LOTS of photos today. I hope they aren't too repetitive.
I fussed around for a couple of days with the mantel, because I thought I was going to do alot of color here. I just couldn't come up with something that felt right, so I resorted to my good ol' pal-neutral. 
You can see my Winter mantel here and my Valentine mantel here 
Yep, both neutral : ) I guess I'm getting pretty predictable. Maybe I'll really go color crazy for summer! Maybe.
 

I know, I know...it's not bright and happy Spring. But it really does represent more what this month is like here in Colorado. Nature has not produced any happy color yet! I feel like I have plenty of Spring color in other places anyway, so staying pale here just feels better to me. 


I made two little "cloches" by turning over an old glass on top of a little piece of architectural trim.






At Christmas time, I used the clay pot with the bird on it for my Tiny Tree Vignette.

 
 This nest sure has had an interesting "life". My friend Dina gave it to me several years ago, and I still love it! We used it at my daughter's wedding in 2011, instead of a ring pillow. We made a little cushion of moss and tied the rings with a pretty pale blue silk ribbon.


 
  
Here I've tucked a tiny blue bird, an egg, and a sprig of Baby's Breath under a pretty cloche.






 

This cabinet has been an unfinished project for a long time. Someday, when I can get some paint, I'll have a cool transformation to share with you!



 Old suitcases, old wooden box, old books....






This little garden trellis will hopefully live in a real garden again someday, but for now it stays indoors.




See! There IS a little color in this room


Of course pillows are the easiest way to bring in a little color, changing the whole feel of a room.





The Geranium was soaking up some some wonderful sunshine today!




 So, I could have done some nifty design on the chalkboard. That would be the obvious choice, right? The thing is, I'm just not that good at it! So I decided to use the blackboard as a backdrop for one of my Currier & Ives prints.


 I love the way it stands out against the black background.


Technically this is a Summer print, but I like the way the it looks with the other colors in the room. I have a pair of these that belonged to my grandparents, and I just love them.



You can see how I updated this lamp for just 50 cents over here.
 

I'm going to be making this sweet vintage Easter postcard available as a free printable in the next few days, so stay tuned!


  Whew! That was alot of photos for only half a room! One of these days I'll get my act together and show you the whole living room, kitchen, dining area space together. After I shovel up the legos, put away the projects and pick up all the books! 
Thanks for reading, my friends. I'm so happy you're here with me!

Jeanette 

Sharing over at:

Tutorials Tips and Tidbits at StoneGable 
Welcome Home Wednesday at Vintage on a Dime 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours 
Be Inspired at Common Ground 
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo
SNS at Funky Junk Interiors 
Power of Pinterest Party at Fox Hollow Cottage 
and Debbiedoo's
Creative Bloggers Party at Homemaker on a Dime 
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Ranch 
Budget Decorating at Creative Cain Cabin
Pretty Things at twelveOeight 
Knick of Time Tuesday 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm 
It's a Spring Thing! At the Picket Fence 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed 
Creative Inspirations at Embracing Change   
  


17 comments:

  1. Hello Jeanette
    So wonderful to stop by and see your inspiring Spring post. Its lovely and of course I LOVE the neutral palette. I truly love your sense of style and what you pair together. Great post and I am enjoying it here in the 80 degree weather we have had in So Cal.

    Have a wonderful week
    hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your darling vignettes the eggs and bird are perfect for Spring:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your neutral Spring decor Jeanette!! The little nests, old wood, and birds, LOVE it all :)

    xo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks really pretty!!!!! Thanks so much for joining my party!!! Deb Vintage On A Dime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lovin' the bird theme you've got goin' on. That little clay pot with the bird on it is just too cute! And I love the suitcases stacked together. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so pretty! I love the vintage feel and all the birds!

    Have a blessed day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my , I just love so many of your treasures. I think your cow picture that was your GPs is my favorite. Thanx for coming to party at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your living room is so beautiful. You've done a lovely job with all the decor.
    Saw you sharing at the Power of Pinterest Party.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My! Your shelf is amazing! I love it. All the whites and naturals. You did a great job. :)

    Have a great week!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea with the glasses turned over for cloches! Really appreciated seeing the red geranium in the sun and in the neat container!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Love the ideas you have. And love that rustic wood shelf. I have some pallet wood and want to do this over a door way. Great pictures, and lovely home.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet and pretty! I love all of the elements from nature. Love your grandparent's farm prints too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty spring mantle, I love a neutral Palette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing at the scoop. I'm sharing at the ranch's FB page, so grab a featured button if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by from The Scoop! Love your mantle and you certainly take some great pics! New fan and follower! ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful room. You did a beautiful job of bringing in Spring! Blessings, Lucy @ www.patinapinteres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!