Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Personalized Hangers

 

Summer wedding season is here! Even though no one in my own family is getting married right now, I never get tired of looking at (and pinning) creative wedding and party ideas. 

Recently, I was asked to help with a few projects for a friend's wedding and I thought I'd share a couple of those things with you this week. 

The bride asked me to make some personalized hangers for her wedding party girls, and I love this project because it could be a sweet and personal gift for so many different occasions. 

Here's what I did-


 First I printed the girls' names and the wedding date in a pretty font {Wisdom Script, for those interested}from my word processor. 



I cut each name and date out and placed it where I wanted it to be transferred to the hanger. I slipped a small piece of carbon paper behind it and taped it in place so it wouldn't move around while I did the transfer.



I know there are lots of different transfer methods around these days, so you can use whatever method you're comfortable with, of course. 

 {can you tell I was doing a burlap project on this same table??}

 Anyone remember pre-computer/home copier days when you had to use a typewriter and carbon paper for multiple copies of a document?? Yes, I'm that old : )



I slowly and carefully traced over the letters with a fine point pen, transferring the words to the hanger. Most of them were darker than this, but you get the idea. You just need to be able to see it enough to go over it with marker. 
One little tip here: If you are using new wooden hangers, they have a hard glossy finish to them that the carbon and markers won't stick to. I lightly sanded the area first, and then used a clear sealer over the whole thing when I was finished. This probably wouldn't be an issue if using vintage hangers.


Then I carefully traced over the transfer with a fine point permanent marker. 





Add a pretty ribbon, and there you have it! A personal, practical, economical keepsake gift for your bridesmaids or for any occasion. 
Pop over here to see another type of hanger I did for my friend's birthday a few months ago, using a painted vintage hanger. 

I'll be back soon to show you another little project for the same wedding!

Blessings-

Jeanette


Sharing over at-

  


6 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea Jeanette!And I do love the special touch with that pretty ribbon too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look beautiful, Jeanette! Hey, I found some notebooks to bring back. Been enjoying your pictures of CO. and am blessed by your blog. Keep it up! Dina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute idea!!

    So fun and a great keepsake!!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those and what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the pretty green ribbon, too. This is such a great idea.
    I'm visiting you today from Common Ground. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat) and I'd love for you to link up! I hope you get a chance to stop by, link up and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!