Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 26, 2013

Around Here...

This past week, I had one of those experiences. You know, the kind where one minute you're carrying around a chubby, curly haired baby and the next you're celebrating her 16th birthday! Yikes! 


We had a wonderful day with friends that included treats and coffee at Starbucks, playing in the Colorado River, taking in a movie and dinner at her favorite restaurant, finished off with homemade pecan pie. Why don't I have any photos of our fun day? Well, I don't have a camera! All the photos I take for this blog are with a camera that I borrow from her, and she had dibs on it that day : ) 
I'm hoping (and so is she!) that I can get a camera of my own very soon. Do any of you have any recommendations for a fairly inexpensive {under $300.00}camera? I'm not camera-savvy in the least, so I have lots to learn!

I just have a few images of things around here this week...

 




 














I'll leave you with this sweet little pitcher that came my way this week. I haven't decided yet if I'll keep it or put it in the shop. What do you think?

Thanks so much for coming over! I promise I'll be back soon with some projects.  What fun things are you working on this week/weekend?

Blessings-

       Jeanette 



Sharing this week over at:

Be Inspired at Common Ground 

4 comments:

  1. Glad it was a happy birthday for her. It does go by in a heartbeat!
    I borrow a camera,too. There is a good tutorial on Etsy about a $5.00 camera vs. a $500 camera that was very informative. Your photos are beautiful and , as the article states, you can take gorgeous photos with an inexpensive camera.
    Keep the pitcher. It looks darling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia! I will check out that Etsy tutorial. One vote for keeping the pitcher! :) I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. I had an Olympus point and shoot. They make a great product. Maybe they have one in your price range.
    Sounds like a great day with your daughter. It goes by so fast doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet photos

    I had a little Canon point and shoot and took all the yearbook photos for years with it. I used it for the first year of writing my blog and I know it was less than $300. It got sand in it and stopped working. Perhaps setting it down on my beach towel was not the smartest move.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!