Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 11, 2013

Pretty Tools



 Homemaking is a job. Sometimes it's a tiresome job, full of repetitive and mundane tasks.



Like all jobs, homemaking requires the use of certain "tools". As I folded the never-ending laundry pile one day, I glanced over at my nice little stack of kitchen towels.



These are some of the hardest working tools of this homemaker. Yes, they are worn and faded and stained, but I still think they are pretty!


Their patterns and colors make me feel happy and more content to be doing my "job". 

It's very grey and gloomy (and a little snowy) here today and I'm just so grateful for pretty tools that add a touch of cheer to the mundane : )

"The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely." -
 Louisa May Alcott 




3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen towels are pretty. I use red as well and many of my most beloved ones are faded. Aren't you glad that our washing, drying and folding doesn't take as long as it did for our great grandmothers?! Now that's gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your towels are well loved :) I join you in the never ending Mt Laundry pile

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, your kitchen towels do look cheerful and it's neat that you took the time to photograph them. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!