Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 16, 2013

O Christmas Tree







Yep, I did it. I didn't mean to do it.  Not this early anyway....


It's not even Thanksgiving, and I'm sharing my first Christmas post. I have a good reason, though. Really!








We've had the crafty 'bug' over here for the last few weeks. My kids and I have been making things for the house, making things for gifts and making things for the shop

Making things. Just for the fun of it!


 



The other night, the "making" turned into a little impromptu Christmas crafting. A little forest of vintage inspired Christmas trees!




Sheets of vintage music form whimsical trees. I simply rolled them into a cone shape, secured them with a touch of hot glue, and snipped a bit of a decorative edge around the bottom. 
Some are topped with sparkly stars punched from an old glittered gift bag.






This one has a tiny flag topper of brown paper, wrapped around a toothpick and topped with a pearl bead.







They were set atop some unique bases which just happened to be in my giant, disastrous pile well-organized supplies ;)

I used an iron piece from an old light fixture, a weathered flower pot (I didn't even clean it -oops!). 



This one is an old cabinet handle with a really long screw. I knew I was saving these for something! : )



Turned over onto a bamboo skewer and tucked into a vintage iron piece, an old tin cone takes on the look of a snowy pine tree.









One little bottle brush tree was glued to a base of old, chippy white wood.




The other was glued to a vintage mold.





The star topper is actually an antique screw-back earring. My grandmother picked up a ton of vintage costume jewelry for craft projects, and this pair came from her collection. 




I placed the little forest of vintage inspired Christmas trees on my rustic board mantel.



I made a little "O Christmas Tree" brown paper banner, printed from my computer, and hung it on the wooden backdrop behind the trees.



And took some pictures for you, my friends : )



For the first time ever, we are not spending Christmas at home in Colorado, so I'm not going to feel bad about doing some Christmas things a little early around here. 
I want to enjoy a little Christmas creating and decorating before we leave home, but the plan is to keep it low-key and simple. 

Remember how crazy I was getting ready to drive 3 kids to California this summer? Yep. We're doing that again. {smile}



How about you? Are you embracing Christmas already, or holding off until after Thanksgiving? I'd love to hear what you're up to!

Jeanette 

Linking up at these fun parties-
































48 comments:

  1. I love them all they are just adorable and have just the right amount of simple rustic spin put on them. I am like you and skipped right over Thanksgiving and am on to Christmas. I think blogland has pushed us to be this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I am holding off on the decorating but not on the crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are simply lovely! the tin cone is especially pretty. but I can't do Christmas decorating just yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. our girls have been practicing for their ballet recital and chorus recital for several weeks already...so we are definitely embracing the Christmas spirit around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are the opposite of you. For the first time since 2002, we will be home for Christmas- no ski trip or family vacation this year.

    LOVE your little Christmas tree forest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sheet music trees the best...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet!! I just love them!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple yet so darling. Love them. Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just darling, and the bases you used are so creative - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun collection. I always enjoy Christmas crafting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just adorable and I love all of your creative stands. What a clever idea. Thanks tonsf or linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing these cuties at my party this week. Gotta go share them on my facebook page.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so adorable! I just love your use of the sheet music. Thank you for sharing them with us. I hope you will drop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The vignette looks like a picture from a magazine. I love that you are making things! I am noticing more early signs of Christmas this year. My mom and I have decided that last year Super storm Sandy made for a subdued holiday season and this year more people are ready for some holiday spirit. I enjoyed your post. So glad I found it at Share your cup Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your trees! I gave in to myself today and decorated for Christmas. I'd had Fall decor out since early September, and it was time for a change, and I'm loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! I love your creative vignette!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeanette, I love each and every one! The bases are so fun. Love the clay pot, and no leaving it as is gives it extra charm. I was holding off until after Thanksgiving. Guess what? I caved and started on my living room this morning. I had a few hours before church and just couldn't help myself. lol! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you used so many random things for the tree's bases! Fun, fun, fun!
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeanette, these are so cute! Thank you for sharing! You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Here is the link to this week's party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-77.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Christmas tree indeed. Be still my heart! What part of Colorado do you live in? My hubby may soon be transfered to the Boulder area.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is very cool. I think this would be a good craft to share with students too. :-)
    return comments link. Happy Thanks Giving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute are these??? LOVE them, you have such a talent to create!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful trees! Love how each is unique.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Featuring tonight at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute, cute! I have also been bitten by the bug and have a jump on the decorating. I made an adorable banner last night with sheet music. It will be on my blog sometime in the next week. diysisters.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute, cute! I have also been bitten by the bug and have a jump on the decorating. I made an adorable banner last night with sheet music. It will be on my blog sometime in the next week. diysisters.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jeanette, have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  28. What Adorable Christmas Creations!

    Happy Thanksgiving from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your trees are beautiful. They are so understated but yet they speak volumes. I adore your Christmas Trees and they look beautiful with the backdrop. Hugs, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE your trees! I included them in my Friday Favorites this week :)
    ~Katie @ Upcycled Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love these! I have some of those same things lying around that you used for bases....do you mind if I try to make some of these for myself?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. There are no special steps that need to be taken, just your average setup process, which will finish immediately, leaving you with the app ready to go in just a few moments. Then it is just a matter of running a scan and the application will give the results.
    PassFab Product Recovery Crack

    ReplyDelete
  33. """I just want to say that your article is just as great. The clarity of your message is simple excellent and I can assume that you are an expert on this matter.""
    Melody Sauce VST Crack With Serial Number
    melody sauce torrent
    melody sauce torrent Download"

    ReplyDelete
  34. Chimera Tool Cracked is a highly rated, widely used, and comprehensive tool that offers round-the-clock support to its users. You’ve tried a lot of tools to solve problems with your Android, but none of them can compare to Chimera Tools.

    Chimera Tool Cracked from many years, we have more than 20 employees working to make Chimera as good as possible

    Chimera Tool Cracked unlocks and repairs Blackberry, LG, Samsung, HTC and Mobiwire phones.

    Chimera Tool Cracked its foundations in humble beginnings from the start, it was only a little task where two designing understudies filled in as a side interest.

    Chimera Tool Cracked is a application which was first released in 2022. We desired to produce an simple-to-use phone fix support which has never been observed before.

    Chimera Tool Cracked developed to find the way with no the require for any specialized user certification effortlessly.

    Chimera Tool Cracked Very important details and unit status could be read straight from the cell phone. its manufacturer data, equipment information, and so on.

    Chimera Tool Cracked is the best software to fix, manage, unlock and repair IMEI and MAC. So here in this post, you can download it through a direct link.

    ReplyDelete
  35. chimera tool
    I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me

    ReplyDelete
  36. Chimera Crack is mobile problems resolving program to reset unlock, and flashing the devices. It is best tool to maintain and manage mobiles problems.

    ReplyDelete
  37. See komplekt on 100% puuvillane ja mugav kanda,
    Iga komplekt on eraldi pakendatud.

    Komplekt sisaldab:
    1 lühikeste varrukatega t-särk,
    1 libisemine,
    1 paar sokke ja

    Suurus: XXL
    Hind: € 1,65 / komplekt Asbesti eemaldamise kaitseriietuse kombinesoonid

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!