Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Nature Inspired Welcome-The Fall Foyer {Pt.1}


  
It was a breezy, warm and gorgeous Autumn day here in Colorado yesterday. It was nearly 70 degrees and the sky was the most beautiful blue and the leaves just swirled through the neighborhood all day. Perfection!


When I woke up this morning it was snowing. 

I learned a saying when I moved to Colorado nearly 20 years ago, and it has proven to be so very true. 

"If you don't like the weather in Colorado, wait 5 minutes and it'll change." 

Yes, indeed.




Recently, I shared our Simple Fall Porch with you. 

Today I'd like to invite you to step inside to get warmed up with me!


 


With some simple {I do like that word} nature-inspired items, I've cozied up the foyer and stairway that immediately greet you upon entering our home.

You may want to grab your coffee or tea and get comfortable. I have a lot of photos today.

Come on in!



The main level of our home is fairly small, but I love that the foyer ceiling extends up to the second floor. The upper window adds so much light and the high ceiling gives a sense of much more space than there really is.







In my last post, I showed you this coat rack I made from part of an old crib panel and some vintage date nails. 

Hanging right inside the door, it's the perfect spot for all the scarves and jackets you just might  {or might not!}  need at this time of year.






This chicken wire bin is never really empty. It's usually full of the books that are ready to be returned to the library, mail, and things I want to remember to return to someone as I'm heading out the door!



This old dresser has been all over the house, but here in the entryway for some time now. It still mostly holds my daughter's artwork and supplies.





I have always loved bringing branches, pine cones and other items from nature into our home as seasonal décor. 

But I do also love a bit of sparkle!


This iron candle sconce was a thrift store find last Spring. I decided it was ready for a little dressing up. I glued rings to the underside of it and added some chandelier crystals. The rings still need to be antiqued to match the iron. It's on "my list". 


I hung the iron sconce on an old window that's backed with pieces of a vintage feed sack.





I love mixing rustic items with a little tarnished silver and some sparkle. Throw in some fall leaves and a pine cone or two- perfect.



I shared this photo of my silver tray over on my Facebook page last night. I am not ready to say farewell to October! Sigh..

I am known for misplacing my keys. Often. I'm going to try hard to just keep laying them on the pretty tray so they're easy to spot : )


This darling little candle snuffer was a birthday gift from my daughter.



These brown jugs (thank you, son-in-law) became fall-ish looking containers by simply gluing the pine cone card and the sweet bird print from The Graphics Fairy to the front of them, and adding a fall branch. 









I really wanted some white pumpkins this year, but I haven't managed it yet. 

I don't remember what sort of squash the little one on the silver container is, but it was the only one of it's kind at the grocery store. My son thought it was so cute, we just "had to" bring it home, right?

 

It's sort of bumpy with lots of imperfections. That's probably why we like it so much.



You can see the full kitchen tour HERE

As you enter our home, the kitchen is to the left, the stairs are directly ahead and in between is a small, sort of vestibule-type area.


In this area is a large pine armoire that is one of my favorite pieces.

Like most of my pieces, this has served many purposes over the years-including holding linens, being filled with books and now, mostly holding shop items for The Penny and the Pearl.



I made this large wooden sign for a friend's wedding reception this summer.  I thought I would sell it, but here it still sits. Another thing on "my list"...




On top of the armoire, little vintage glasses with faux boxwood balls, glass insulators and vintage bottle with a nest topper. Tied to the old farmhouse tool chest, one of my handmade book page tags.














I'll be sharing the stairway in an upcoming post. 

Thanks for coming in out of the cold with me, friends! What are you doing to stay cozy at your place? 

Blessings-

Jeanette 


See you over at...

Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style 
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours 
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson 
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits at StoneGable 
Be Inspired at Common Ground 
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo 
Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse
Party Junk at Funky Junk Interiors  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House 
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch 
The Scoop 
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm 




























































































14 comments:

  1. I love the armoire and the ribbon on the key. I have two and I love them. They hold a ton of stuff. I loved seeing all the natural touches in your entryway! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is so lovely and welcoming - and each little detail looks so lovingly added. Thank you so much for sharing your home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style...but you already knew that! what an inviting feel you have created

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous entry...I really love that candle holder hanging on the mirror,...will be pinning here!!! Christine at Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I also just posted about Fall Touches in my entry..here is the link if you want to take a snoop....
      http://littlebrags.blogspot.com/2013/10/some-fall-touches-inside.html

      Delete
  5. You have such a lovely home. I adore your charming style!! Now I want a "foyer". We come in through the dark basement...guess I'll have to move now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the tour, your home is full of such fun and clever treasures. Love the coat rack and those decorated bottles are perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the armoire, love the color palette, and I love that you talk about the dresser that has been all over the house. I have a piece of furniture that I just moved to the living room. It has been in the bedroom, bathroom, dining room, entry and now the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how light and bright everything is, it sure lifts the spirits when there is plenty of light, I love all the wonderful furniture and love the treasures and the pretty decorated bottles...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors of the branch and plaid! Such wonderful decorating!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is so lovely and welcoming. I love the vintage touches used in such practical ways.
    Elegant, but still functional. Great job! I'd love for you to share with us at WIW.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks so warm and inviting and I love, love, love the open airy space of your entry. I love the vignette with the pretty bench, basket and boots, so pretty. You have a very lovely home. Can't wait to see more. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've added so much charm to your entry way!!! Love the coat rack!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. See komplekt on 100% puuvillane ja mugav kanda,
    Iga komplekt on eraldi pakendatud.

    Komplekt sisaldab:
    1 lühikeste varrukatega t-särk,
    1 libisemine,
    1 paar sokke ja

    Suurus: XXL
    Hind: € 1,65 / komplekt Asbesti eemaldamise kaitseriietus Valged kombinesoonid

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!