Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

***Wonderful***


A few years back I read a quote that said, "Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful". Lightbulb! My life a seeming perpetual un-perfect mess, my brain latched on to this and has clung to it ever since! : )

Christmas eve, and Christmas day have once again illustrated this for me. SO not perfect. I SO did not "check all the boxes" this year. In more ways than one we've had a mess

Tonight, kids tucked into bed with their new favorite Christmas toys, I tripped through the mess on their floor to say our Merry-Christmas-goodnights. I went downstairs to tend the thermostat, check the doors and lights etc. I got to the living room and just stopped in my tracks for a moment. 


There was the warm light of the Christmas tree and in an instant I saw the calendar of my kids' childhoods in my mind. One more childhood Christmas behind them, and their mom. It will never come again. A bittersweet satisfaction came over me as I let my heart say goodbye to Christmas 2012.

The curtains are all open and I see the icy-bright iridescence of moonlight across the snow covered landscape beyond the warmth of the Christmas tree lights. The beauty of this place-our little hometown-and this place of seeing in my heart....it leaves me awe-struck. 



Moments later I turn to walk past some dishes, yet un-washed. Shreds of Christmas paper here and there. We'll tend to it tomorrow. I step over a coat and boots at the bottom of the stairs as I'm heading back up. I'm fighting a sore throat and cough coming on and, as I reach my room, I feel....happy.

Christmas of 2012 is behind us. Certainly not perfect, but it was wonderful.


Sharing at:
At the Picket Fence-Inspiration Friday

6 comments:

  1. I praise God for your wonderful, un- perfect Christmas! I like this post... I think I am STILL catching up on dishes, but it's not so bad because there are still cinnamon rolls and chocolate left. We have decided it is still Christmas until William gets here, so a few more days! I'll email soon... Dina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reflections. Life is so unperfect for most of us!
    Happy New Year,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Alice. I wish I had grasped that in my 20's or 30's :)
      Happy New Year

      Jeanette

      Delete
  3. Beautifully said and read with appreciation for your honesty and ability to see what is really wonderful. Have a wonderful New Year! Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Melinda! A wonderful New Year to you, as well.

      Jeanette

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sentiments, excellently written. You are gifted in so many ways. God bless you. -- Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!