Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Warmed Up With Red- Part 2

I don't know about you, but I'm still feeling somewhat somber in light of the terrible events in Connecticut. It just doesn't feel right to be too silly over decorating, etc. 

I don't have alot of words today, but I promised to show you the other area of the house where I like to use red at Christmas time, which is the kitchen/dining area. Yesterday I shared how I warmed up my normally neutral master bedroom using cozy color and fabrics.  I hope you enjoy taking a look at some of our colorful details!


 Our Christmas/Winter dishes, out for the first time this week for blueberry pancakes on a bright morning.



Some fun vintage kitchen items: My mixer is now sadly retired after recently failing to help prepare the Monkey Bread icing :(




 I'm not going to say it makes the best coffee, but it still works great for boiling water!




Some of our fun aprons.





Some vintage cookie cutters and my grandma's old fruitcake tin. When I got it, it was full of her old buttons and sewing notions!




I couldn't decide if I wanted to keep the pail! I went ahead and listed it in the shop {sigh} Sometimes it's hard to let go.

As fun as it is to have some cheerful red through the Christmas season, I have a feeling by New Year's day I'll be ready to go back to my winter whites : )





I'm working on a few things for the The Penny and the Pearl this weekend. Come take a peek when you have a minute!




See you soon!

Jeanette

Sharing at these fun places! :

 
Debbiedoo's Newbie with a Twist Party!
Knick of Time Tuesday! 


3 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen decor Jeannette. So sweet and I adore vintage too. Thanks for your sweet comment too btw:) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie! I feel very fortunate to have alot of my grandmother's vintage things. Thanks for stopping by!

      Jeanette

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Aida. I will certainly come visit your space as well :)

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!