Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Free Vintage Christmas Images-Grandpa's Book Pt 1


I don't remember exactly how it came into my possession, but I have had an antique Mother Goose book that belonged to my grandpa when he was a boy for a long time.

Some time ago I noticed there was actually another book tucked into the back pages (duh).


Last week, I was going through a stack of old "Victoria" Christmas magazines, and there it was! "A VISIT TO SANTA CLAUS".
Funny......I don't remember leaving it with the magazines.....
What the heck is wrong with me?? I can't remember anything!


There inside the sadly tattered cover it says : 
From Grandma to Warren (my grandpa) Xmas 1925! I'm guessing he must have been about 7 or 8 years old when his grandma gave this to him way back when. Pretty cool, huh?



So, here's the fun part (I hope!). The illustrations are so sweet, I thought I would share them with you here, to use for whatever your Christmas hearts desire!
 


I just don't have the time or the will to create a printable (like a tag, etc). But I think you should be able to right click and save the cropped images here and then put your own brilliant creative touch on them!
 
  
These aren't going to be super high quality images, but still so charming!





 I just LOVE the colors in this one.










  
I will post the rest over the next week, I'm one tired mama tonight.
In the meantime I hope you will have some fun with these! Let me know if you have a problem saving the images and I'll see what I can figure out. Even if they don't inspire you to do something creative, I hope you will have as much fun as I've had just looking at these darling images.

Today, Linsey from The Farmhouse Porch let me know that she posted a photo on her Facebook page of an item she purchased from my Etsy shop, The Penny and the Pearl. 

                                                                                      Farmhouse Porch on Facebook

It's always a good feeling to know something you created is gracing someone's home, but to see her lovely photo really made me happy today. 
I know you all know about her already, but on the off chance you don't, you need to go check out her beautiful blog where you will find so much inspiration AND all the links to her gorgeous shop, Pinterest, etc. Thanks for being so sweet, Linsey!


I'm sharing over at:
Knick of Time Tuesday!  
Savvy Southern Style-Wow Us Wednesdays
House On the Way-Twirl and Take a Bow! 
Homemaker On a Dime 
Vintage On A Dime-Welcome Home Wednesday! 
StoneGable-Tutorial Tips and Tidbits 
Common Ground-Vintage Inspiration 












14 comments:

  1. Such beautiful Christmas images! Thanks so much for sharing at House on the Way!
    Leslie
    houseontheway@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Leslie! I appreciate being able to share at House on the Way.

      Jeanette

      Delete
  2. So sweet, thanks for sharing them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly sweet!! Thanks for sharing!! I clicked over from Savvy Southern Style!!! I am a huge Victoria magazine fan too and have lots and lots of the old issues - so fun to flip through them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jennifer...those Victoria magazines sure are hard to part with, aren't they? I go back through my Christmas issues each year.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jeanette!
    Oh...what a sweet post! I love all the little children and the precious prints from your Grandfather's book. I, too, like the soft shades of color. My Mother is still living at 90. She was born in 1922 so she would have been one of your Grandfather's peers.
    I am a lover of chickens and I think it's so nice that Linsey took the time to photograph and mention you.
    I am happy to have discovered you and your lovely blog. I spied it on Knick of Time Tuesdays.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn
    I am your newest follower. I hope you can find the time to pop in and say hi on my blog..."Chenille Cottage". I just started blogging this past Spring. Oh...what a delightful adventure it has been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Carolynn! I appreciate you sharing about your mom. So sweet to think of her being a little child when such a book was printed. I will certainly be over to visit you at Chenille Cottage. Thank you for stopping by!

      Jeanette

      Delete
  5. Oh, these images are so charming. Thank you for sharing. What a sweet little book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special find indeed.
    Thanks for sharing the images.
    I will save for my granddaughter for when she is a wee bit older, precious as gift tags, etc.
    Thanks again.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele. I'll be sharing the last part of the book tonight or tomorrow. I appreciate your visit!

      Delete
  7. These are darling! Thanks for sharing. The writing in the book reminded me of the way my Grandma wrote on the backs of photos - it looks just the same :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!